To defend yourself at a spiritual level, is unnecessary. It is not like defending a country, a military army, etc. Physical things can be attacked and destroyed. That which is spiritual cannot be harmed or destroyed by the will or criticism of others unless you allow it.
If you’re struggling or suffering, don’t give up! Find your way out of despair. The world needs more beautiful people.
Many people don’t understand why I’m rarely serious. Most people think it’s because I don’t care or I don’t take things seriously … but no one ever considers that I might be just trying to survive. The thing is, I like to see people smile and if I have to be silly to achieve that…. then that’s what I’m going to do …. because maybe they’re just trying to survive too.
It is really hard to get people to see you for who you are and not what they want you to be. Especially if they’ve known you for a long time and you move away. Experience new things. And you return to the same place but very different. They haven’t changed. They’re still doing the same things and haven’t changed at all but they treat you as if you are the same person who left. You’re not. They have no idea who you are but they think they do.
I lost a part of me many, many years ago. I’ve never been the same.
When you experience a series of losses, you become a different person. I’ve never felt completely whole. Even as a child. I always knew I’d be alone. Like I always was.
No one can fix that because I won’t let them.
This is the post excerpt.
Let me start off by saying that I support the feminist causes.
1. I believe women should be able to get paid the same amount as a man for equal work.
2. Women should have control over our own bodies.
3. Women should be able to take care of themselves with or without a man.
4. I am a strong, empowered, and independent woman.
5. I love football more than some men.
6. I’m successful in my career and I’ve been paying my own bills for the majority of my life.
7. I have travelled alone more times than I haven’t.
8. I like to wear pants but I also like to have the option to wear skirts.
9. I love shopping at Victoria Secret for ME even if no one else will ever see the things that I buy. I shop for ME.
10. I don’t believe in being overly promiscuous.
11. I don’t feel comfortable talking about sex to many people because frankly I think it’s trashy.
12. I am still hoping to find a REAL man whose name I want to take.
13. I don’t like to cook but I can and I’m not too shabby at it.
14. I like to clean when I have time.
15. I like being taken out for dinner without needing my wallet.
16. I wear my title of “mom” proudly.
17. I love when men hold doors open and offer to carry heavy objects.
18. I appreciate men who respect women.
19. I’m extremely ashamed to admit any of that!
20. I like a man who is strong. If I’m in a relationship, I like the kind of guy who’s not afraid to grab my hand, pull me into him and kiss me without asking permission.
21. I like a man who knows what he wants, and doesn’t apologize for it.
22. I hope to everntually marry a man who will provide for me one day, out of want, not obligation.
23. I love it when a man prefers to drive while I ride shot gun.
24. I am an extremely feminine feminist. I’m not embarrassed to say that I wear pretty bra and I shave every day (well almost) because not shaving is gross.
So there. My secret is out.